The SCS Ionograph® is the industry standard for ionic contamination testing specified in commonly used cleaning standards. Using the “dynamic” testing method, this line gives you a reliable testing solution at an affordable price. Plus, the SCS Ionograph series is available in four newly redesigned models – the Ionograph SMD V and bench top modules for small, standard and large parts — all operated by our advanced SCS PowerView™ software.
SCS Ionographs offer customers reliable and efficient testing capabilities, including:
- Compliance with industry specifications including MIL-STD-2000A, IPC-TM-650 and ANSI/J-STD-001
- Control of aqueous and semi-aqueous cleaning processes for bare and assembled printed circuit boards
- Control of both the cleaning and the no-clean processes
- Testing to prevent corrosion or product performance problems associated with ionic contamination
- Cleanliness testing of performance-sensitive small parts
- Cleanliness testing of cleanroom specific products such as gloves, fixtures, assembly tools and critical assembly components used in precise manufacturing
- Process control of no clean/low residue processes, including spray fluxer set up and monitoring
SCS Ionograph SMD V Features
- Designed for large part ionic contamination testing in a production environment
- Submerged agitation jets and optional heated extract solution provide outstanding sensitivity
- Available with convenient onboard all-in-one computer or tablet
- Operated with SCS PowerView software
- Test cells available in four test cell sizes
About heated solution testing.
The SMD V gives you the option to test with a heated solution. As IPC-TM-650 describes the benefit, testing with heated solution enables you to “accelerate and improve the efficiency of extraction of ionic material from poorly accessible regions, such as under surface-mounted components.”
|Test Cell Sizes (W x H, D)
||- 18 x 20 in / 45.7 x 50.8 cm, 5 in / 12.7 cm at top and 3.1 in / 7.9 cm at bottom
- 26 x 20 in / 66 x 50.8 cm, 5 in / 12.7 cm at top and 3.1 in / 7.9 cm at bottom
- 30 x 26 in / 76.2 x 66 cm, 5 in / 12.7 cm at top and 3.1 in / 7.9 cm at bottom
- 38 x 26 in / 96.5 x 66 cm, 3.5 in / 8.9 cm at top and bottom
|Estimated Solution Capacity
||6.5 - 15 g / 24.6 – 56.8 L
|Dimensions (W x H x D)
||43.5 x 39.1 x 26.7 in / 110.5 x 99.3 x 67.8 cm
||382 lb / 173 kg
||120 VAC, 60 Hz, 10 A / 230 VAC, 50 Hz, 5 A
|Maximum Operating Temp.
||113° F / 45° C
*Over temperature control: double fault protection.