PLASMA COATINGS OVERVIEW
SCS PlasmaGuard™ Coatings
SCS PlasmaGuard™ plasma polymerized conformal coatings provide excellent moisture barrier protection and dielectric properties to a host of electronics devices and components. PlasmaGuard coatings are ultra-thin and lightweight, adding no significant mass to delicate components. In addition, the splash proof and waterproof nanocoatings are halogen-free, making them an ideal barrier coating to protect small consumer electronics devices and components from corrosion caused by exposure to moisture, humidity, perspiration, chemicals and other liquid or solid materials.
Properties of PlasmaGuard Coatings
- Available in splash proof and waterproof variants
- Excellent dielectric and moisture barrier protection
- Ultra-thin coatings measure 50nm to 3µm
- Halogen-free, sustainable coatings
- Biocompatible per ISO 10993-5
- Not hypersensitive per ISO 10993-10
- REACH & RoHS compliant
- Abrasion resistant
Benefits of SCS
- Worldwide production capabilities for manufacturers and suppliers
- AS/EN 9100 and ISO 9001 certified coating centers
- ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) registered
- Production Parts Approval Process (PPAP)
- Over 50 years of conformal coatings experience
PlasmaGuard Coating Process
PlasmaGuard coatings are applied in a low temperature, low pressure plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition (PECVD) process that is performed under vacuum. The plasma coating is formed by ionization of an organic monomer gas through an electrical discharge at high frequencies. The gaseous monomers then enter the chamber and polymerize, resulting in a coating that is highly cross-linked, enabling solid adhesion to substrates. The polymerization process extends throughout complex structures, conformally coating all surfaces of the device.
A global network of coating centers ready for your application.
Specialty Coating Systems offers customers regionally-located coating facilities to handle their engineering and production requirements. To discuss the benefits and properties of conformal coatings and your protection needs with an applications specialist, contact us online or call +1.317.244.1200.