MULTILAYER COATINGS OVERVIEW
Multilayer coatings are created by alternating different thin films to achieve a more customized coating solution that is tailored to the specific needs of an application. Despite being comprised of multiple stacked layers, the thickness of the coating remains minimal due to the thin films being used to create the coating. Layering coating materials allows the different coatings to work together, enhancing their properties into a composite that performs better than the individual materials. This innovative coating solution offers increased protection to a wide variety of applications.
Properties of Multilayer Coatings
- Ultra-thin conformal coatings
- Combine benefits of ALD, Parylene, plasma technologies
- Multiple layers provide customized protection
- Coating layers applied in a single chamber (dependent on selected coatings)
- 3D conformity
Benefits of SCS
- Worldwide production capabilities for manufacturers and suppliers
- AS/EN 9100 and ISO 9001 certified coating centers
- Production Parts Approval Process (PPAP)
- Meets the requirements of IPC-CC-830
- Over 50 years of conformal coatings experience
A global network of coating centers ready for your application.
Specialty Coating Systems offers customers regionally-located coating facilities to handle their engineering and production requirements. To discuss the benefits and properties of conformal coatings and your protection needs with an applications specialist, contact us online or call +1.317.244.1200.