The SCS Omegameter is an industry standard for ionic testing of printed circuit boards and assemblies.
From SCS, the name synonymous with automated ROSE (Resistivity of Solvent Extract) testing systems, comes the SCS Omegameter — an industry standard for accurate, efficient and practical quality assurance testing. The first automated test system on the market, the SCS Omegameter has become the preferred choice for ionic testing utilizing the “static test” methodology.
Offering manufacturers the ability to test components with a heated or non-heated test solution, the Omegameter performs cleanliness testing on printed circuit boards and assemblies, accurately measuring contamination that is often the result of residues from upstream manufacturing processes. The Omegameter SMD 650 is operated by proprietary Windows®-based software, which provides unlimited storage of test profiles that can be customized for easy identification by operators.
With the SCS Omegameter, manufacturers benefit from an effective and practical quality assurance tool for a wide range of commercial applications.
- Identifies the presence of ionic contamination on bare and assembled printed circuit boards and other electronic components.
- Provides an accurate and repeatable method for determining cleanliness on site.
- Provides immediate process control results, eliminating the need for outside laboratory testing.
- Verifies proper cleanliness of surfaces prior to the application of conformal coatings or potting compounds.
- Complies with current industrial specifications such as ANSI/J-STD-001 and IPC-TM-650, and obsolete military specifications, e.g. MIL-STD-2000A.
OMEGAMETER SMD 650 FEATURES
- Self-contained system
- Simple, user-friendly operation featuring integrated computer and display
- Stair-step design allows for easier loading of parts into test cell
- Heated test solution for improved solubility of contaminants per IPC-TM-650
- Spray jets increase contamination removal
- Automated process identifies end of test
- Multiple test cell assembly sizes available
- Proprietary Windows®-based software with touchscreen monitor
- Unlimited test profiles with custom names
- Runtime contamination graphs
- Sort, filter and review historical test results
- Password-protected user accounts
- Optional LAN connectivity