SCS Automotive Coatings: Providing performance and protection that are miles ahead.
Increasing passenger safety and decreasing carbon emissions are key themes across the global transportation industry. Safety is achieved using sensors and automation that has proven to help reduce the risk of major accidents, while Electric Vehicles (EVs) are the driving force behind reducing a vehicle impacts on global carbon emissions.
The transportation industry has long relied on conformal coatings to help protect critical electrical systems and components. From Parylenes to UV curable coatings, plasma coatings and more, SCS offers a comprehensive portfolio of coating solutions to align with the protection needs of automotive, train and bike customers. Industry-leading products such as SCS Parylene HT®, which is capable of withstanding temperatures up to 450ºC, halogen-free ParyFree®, UV curable coatings like UV40, acrylics and epoxies help serve the needs of OEM, Tier 1 and Tier 2 manufacturers in this evolving market.
Transportation coating applications include:
- Safety sensors
- Proximity sensors, LiDAR
- Printed circuit boards (PCBs)
- Electronic control units (ECUs)
- Micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMs) and wafers
- Tire pressure monitoring systems (TPS)
- Fuel cell technology
- Emissions sensors
- Gaskets and seals
- Torque sensors
- Cooling plates for EV cooling systems
- Advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS)
SCS conformal coatings benefits include:
- Ultra-thin and lightweight
- Excellent moisture, chemical and solvent barriers
- Excellent dielectric properties
- Superior thermal stability
- Excellent UV stability
- Excellent crevice and multi-layer penetration
- Thin films add minimal mass to delicate components
- Halogen-free options
SCS provides key resources and capabilities:
- Worldwide production capabilities for manufacturers and suppliers
- AS/EN 9100 and ISO 9001 certified coating centers
- Production Parts Approval Process (PPAP)
- UL (QMJU2) recognized
- RoHS, REACH compliant
- 21 worldwide locations
- Meets the requirements of IPC-CC-830
Component repair flexibility
If you need to repair a board coated by SCS, the coating can be removed through various methods depending on the coating type. Often times, areas where coating has been removed can be recoated to its original specifications. For more information, visit Conformal Coating Removal for Board and Component Repair.
If you would like more information about SCS coating services for the transportation industry, contact us online or at +1.317.244.1200.
SCS Automotive Coatings
A global network of coating centers ready for your application.
Specialty Coating Systems offers customers regionally-located coating facilities to handle their engineering and production requirements. To discuss the benefits and properties of conformal coatings and your protection needs with an applications specialist, contact us online or call +1.317.244.1200.