SCS Conformal Coatings: Providing elastomeric components with outstanding performance benefits.
Elastomeric components, including seals, o-rings, gaskets, stoppers and plungers, benefit from the properties SCS coatings offer. From electronics and medical to transportation, aerospace and defense applications, engineers use SCS conformal coatings to provide a barrier against the leaching of elastomeric by-products. These same coatings can also protect surfaces from aggressive chemistries such as organic solvents and inorganic reagents, acids and bases. In addition, coatings with low coefficients of friction provide desirable dry-film lubricity to a host of applications.
Elastomer coating applications include:
- Gaskets and o-rings
- Stoppers and plunger tips
SCS conformal coating benefits include:
- Ultra-thin and conformal
- Excellent moisture and chemical barrier
- Mitigate leaching
- Provide superior dielectric protection
- Protect from oils, dirt and contamination
- Prevent flaking or dusting of the elastomeric surface
- Biocompatible and biostable
- Low coefficients of friction (dry-film lubricity)
- Low surface tack and stickiness
SCS provides key resources and capabilities:
- US FDA Device and Drug Master Files
- USP Class VI polymer certification
- Listed on the QPL for MIL-I-46058
- Meets the requirements of IPC-CC-830
- AS/EN 9100 and ISO 9001 coating centers
- 21 worldwide locations
- Collaborations with global research and university facilities
If you would like more information about SCS Parylene coating services, contact us online or at +1.317.244.1200.
Parylene Coatings for Elastomeric Components
A global network of coating centers ready for your application.
Specialty Coating Systems offers customers regionally-located coating facilities to handle their engineering and production requirements. To discuss the benefits and properties of conformal coatings and your protection needs with an applications specialist, contact us online or call +1.317.244.1200.