Corrosion Resistant Coatings
SCS Conformal Coatings: Unmatched corrosion resistance for harsh environment protection.
As technologies continue to advance, electronic components and systems are being used in applications that are commonly exposed to harsh conditions. Electronics such as circuit boards, sensors, LEDs, ferrite cores, and others must be able to withstand harsh operating environments, including exposure to salt and fresh water, chemicals, gasses and/or other corrosive fluids. To survive such exposures, electronic components require exceptional corrosion and water damage protection.
SCS conformal coatings provide varying levels of corrosion protection from moisture, salt spray, corrosive vapors and other hostile environments. Parylene coatings, for example, are often used for corrosion protection in harsh conditions due to their low water vapor transmission and excellent thermal and UV stability.
Electronics coating applications include:
- Printed circuit boards and assemblies
- MEMS and wafers
- Metal components
SCS conformal coatings benefits include:
- Inert barrier protects against moisture, chemicals, salts, solvents
- Exceptional UV stability
- Unmatched thermal stability – up to 350°C long-term, 450°C short-term
- Optical clarity and uniform, ultra-thin nature ensure signal transmission is never lost or distorted
- Advanced adhesion technologies ensure coating properties of remain intact
SCS resources and capabilities
- AS/EN 9100 and ISO 9001 certifications
- Nadcap® accreditation
- Listed on the QPL for MIL-I-46058
- UL (QMJU2) recognized
- RoHS, REACH compliant
- Meets the requirements of IPC-CC-830
If you would like more information about SCS electronics coating services, contact us online or at +1.317.244.1200.
A global network of coating centers ready for your application.
Specialty Coating Systems offers customers regionally-located coating facilities to handle their engineering and production requirements. To discuss the benefits and properties of conformal coatings and your protection needs with an applications specialist, contact us online or call +1.317.244.1200.