1. Information we may collect from you
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of data or personal information from you:
- Details of your visit to and the use of our website, which includes a anonymized version of your IP address, generalized geographical location, referral source, entry and exit pages, length of visit, route taken through our website, resources that you access and other such similar statistical data or information provided to us by Google Analytics.
- Information that you provide to us voluntarily (e.g., name, company name, e-mail address, etc.) for the purpose of registering on our website, submitting technical support requests, and contacting SCS through various website forms.
- Any other information that you choose to send us voluntarily.
2. Where we store your personal data
The data and information we collect from you is stored on secure servers and on the servers of the cloud-based hosting services that SCS engages, all of which are located in the United States. SCS retains this data for the duration of our business relationship with you. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this storing and/or processing.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely, including appropriate levels of encryption, and in accordance with this privacy statement. We will also take necessary precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Should an unfortunate data breach occur, we will immediately report such as required per relevant regulations, including GDPR. We will also confirm, to the best of our abilities, that all data processors (e.g., MailChimp, Google Analytics, WordPress, Azure, website vendors, etc.) are operating in compliance with relevant privacy regulations.
3. Use of your personal data
We only use your personal information to carry out a request you have made via our website and/or for statistical analysis. These uses may include:
- Administration of the website.
- Improvement of your browsing experience.
- Sending you e-mails or information that you have specifically requested (e.g., via a contact form, engineering run request, quote request, etc.).
- Sending you marketing e-mails, if requested, via MailChimp service.
- Responding to enquiries or complaints that you have made about this website.
- Providing third parties with anonymized statistical information about our website and visitors (but we strongly declare that this information will not be used to identify any single individual user or company).
If at any stage you do not want us to use your data, please contact us at email@example.com.
4. Disclosure of your personal data
We will not make your personal information or data available to third parties except when you have given consent to do so or when required by law:
- To the extent that we are legally obliged to do so by law.
- in connection with any legal proceedings.
- or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
A cookie is a small data file that consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.), which is stored by that browser on the computer’s hard drive. The information stored is sent back to the web server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This action enables the web server to identify and track the web browsers activities. We use session cookies on the website to keep track of your navigation through our website. This helps us learn how people use the site and how we can improve it. Session cookies are temporary files that are automatically deleted from your computer’s hard drive when you close the browser.
6. Your rights
You have the right to instruct us not to process your personal data at any time. You can indicate your personal preferences when you submit your personal data or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. While we respect your rights while using this website, our site contains hyperlinks to external websites. These websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
7. Website disclaimer
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by SCS, and while every effort is made to provide up-to-date and accurate information, there may be occasional errors, for which we apologize. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
At times, information contained on this website may require updating to reflect new advances or technologies in the market place. It should be noted that this website is intended to be a general guide and cannot be substituted for professional advice.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of SCS. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. Finally, every effort is made to keep the website running smoothly; however, SCS takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
8. Privacy Statement amendments
Any amendments or updates we may make to this statement will be posted on this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes that have been made.
If you have any questions, queries or concerns regarding this privacy statement or the treatment of your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com.