SCS Medical Coatings: Vital performance and protection for medical device applications.
SCS’ leadership in providing world-class Parylene coating services for the medical device industry is more than just a point of difference. The company’s resources, experience and expertise enable design engineers to design with confidence, knowing that SCS’ thin-film, pinhole-free Parylene conformal coatings will provide the ultimate protection for their life-saving devices.
For 50 years, SCS had applied its medical coating experience and technology to support a range of medical device applications from elastomeric seals and forming mandrels to pacemaker components and stents. Biocompatible and biostable, SCS Parylene coatings provide medical devices and components excellent moisture, chemical and dielectric barrier protection. Parylene also has a low coefficient of friction for applications where lubricity is important.
Medical applications include:
- Medical electronics
- Surgical and electrosurgical tools
- Needles and probes
- Cable assemblies
- Neurostim and cardiostim devices
- Mandrels and molds
- Hearing and sight assist devices
- Fluid heating components
SCS Parylene benefits include:
- Ultra-thin and conformal
- Biocompatible and biostable
- Excellent moisture and chemicalbarrier
- Excellent dielectric properties
- Dry-film lubricity
- Thermal stability
- Excellent crevice and multi-layer penetration
- Ultra-thin film adds minimal mass to delicate components
SCS provides key resources and capabilities
SCS’ medical coating team has played a vital role in helping medical device manufacturers throughout the world develop their advanced technologies. This is accomplished in numerous ways, including:
- US FDA Device and Drug Master Files
- Accredited Third Parties (USA) and Notified Bodies (EU) coordination
- ISO 14644 cleanrooms
- USP Class VI polymer certification
- 21 worldwide locations
- ISO 9001 and AS9100 certified coating centers
- Collaborations with global research and university facilities
If you would like more information about SCS medical coating services, contact us online or at +1.317.244.1200.
SCS Medical Coatings
A global network of coating centers ready for your application.
Specialty Coating Systems offers customers regionally-located coating facilities to handle their engineering and production requirements. To discuss the benefits and properties of Parylene conformal coatings and your protection needs with an applications specialist, contact us online or call +1.317.244.1200.