SCS Medical Coatings: Vital performance and protection for medical device applications.
As a provider of world-class conformal coating services for the medical device industry, SCS offers experience and expertise to solve critical challenges facing today’s leading medical technologies. Whether an application requires Parylene, a well-recognized medical device coating, or specialty liquid coatings, SCS coating solutions provide the essential protection needed for life-saving devices.
For more than 50 years, SCS has applied its medical coating experience and technologies to support a range of medical device applications from elastomeric seals and forming mandrels to electrosurgical tools, infusion devices and long term implants such as stents. SCS offers biocompatible and biostable coating solutions for medical devices and components to ensure excellent moisture, chemical and dielectric barrier protection. Additional low coefficient of friction options are available for applications where lubricity is important.
Medical applications include:
- Medical electronics
- Surgical and electrosurgical tools
- Needles and probes
- Cable assemblies
- Neurostim and cardiostim devices
- Mandrels and molds
- Hearing and sight assist devices
- Fluid heating components
SCS conformal coating benefits include:
- Ultra-thin and conformal
- Biocompatibility and biostability
- Excellent moisture and chemical barrier
- Excellent dielectric properties
- Dry-film lubricity
- Thermal stability
- Excellent crevice and multi-layer penetration
- Ultra-thin films add minimal mass to delicate components
SCS provides key resources and capabilities
SCS’ medical coating team has played a vital role in helping medical device manufacturers throughout the world develop their advanced technologies. This is accomplished in numerous ways, including:
- US FDA Device and Drug Master Files
- Accredited Third Parties (USA) and Notified Bodies (EU) coordination
- ISO 14644 cleanrooms
- USP Class VI polymer certification
- 21 worldwide locations
- ISO 9001 and AS/EN 9100 certified coating centers
- Collaborations with global research and university facilities
If you would like more information about SCS medical coating services, contact us online or at +1.317.244.1200.
SCS Medical Coatings
A global network of coating centers ready for your application.
Specialty Coating Systems offers customers regionally-located coating facilities to handle their engineering and production requirements. To discuss the benefits and properties of conformal coatings and your protection needs with an applications specialist, contact us online or call +1.317.244.1200.