SCS Transportation Coatings: Providing performance and protection that are miles ahead.
Increasing passenger safety and decreasing carbon emissions are key themes across the global transportation industry. Safety is achieved using sensors and automation that has proven to help reduce the risk of major accidents, while Electric Vehicles (EVs) are the driving force behind reducing a vehicle impacts on global carbon emissions.
The transportation industry has long relied on conformal coatings to help protect critical electrical systems and components. Leading products such as SCS Parylene HT®, which is capable of withstanding temperatures up to 450ºC and halogen-free ParyFree® help serve the needs of OEM, Tier 1 and Tier 2 manufacturers in this evolving market.
Transportation coating applications include:
- Safety sensors
- Proximity sensors, LiDAR
- Printed circuit boards (PCBs)
- Electronic control units (ECUs)
- Micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMs) and wafers
- Tire pressure monitoring systems (TPS)
- Fuel cell technology
- Emissions sensors
- Gaskets and seals
- Advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS)
Benefits of SCS Parylene conformal coatings include:
- Ultra-thin and lightweight
- Excellent moisture, chemical and solvent barriers
- Excellent dielectric properties
- Superior thermal stability
- Excellent UV stability
- Excellent crevice and multi-layer penetration
- Minimal mass addition to delicate components
- Halogen-free options
SCS provides key resources and capabilities:
- Worldwide production capabilities for manufacturers and suppliers
- AS9100 and ISO 9001 certified coating centers
- Production Parts Approval Process (PPAP)
- UL (QMJU2) recognized
- RoHS, REACH compliant
- 19 worldwide locations
- Meets the requirements of IPC-CC-830
Component repair flexibility
If you need to repair a board coated with SCS Parylene, the coating can be removed in several ways, including abrasion, incision and removal, excimer laser removal, heat softening, micro abrasion and plasma etching. Many times, areas where Parylene has been removed can be recoated to its original specifications.
If you would like more information about SCS coating services for the transportation industry, contact us online or at +1.317.244.1200.
SCS Transportation Coatings
A global network of coating centers ready for your application.
Specialty Coating Systems offers customers regionally-located coating facilities to handle their engineering and production requirements. To discuss the benefits and properties of Parylene conformal coatings and your protection needs with an applications specialist, contact us online or call +1.317.244.1200.