SCS microRESIST Antimicrobial Parylene Technology: Effectively eliminates microorganisms on coated devices.
A new antimicrobial coating technology is now available from Specialty Coating Systems: SCS microRESIST® Antimicrobial Parylene Technology. This significant breakthrough combines the benefits of biocompatible Parylene with antimicrobial properties to effectively eliminate harmful microorganisms on coated devices.
Pathogens that cause healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) pose an ongoing and increasing challenge to hospitals, resulting in more deaths than AIDS, auto accidents and breast cancer combined in the US.1,2
SCS microRESIST technology can be applied to a variety of medical devices and applications to effectively eliminate microorganisms. Tested per JIS Z 2801, microRESIST has demonstrated greater than Log 5 reduction on 14 of the most common microorganisms. It has also demonstrated 7 and 15 day kill effectiveness (greater than Log 5) on E. coli.
For more information on SCS’ new microRESIST Antimicrobial Parylene Technology, contact us
online or call +1.317.451.8549.
SCS provides key resources and capabilities
SCS’ medical coating team plays a vital role in helping medical device manufacturers around the world develop their advanced technologies. This is accomplished in numerous ways, including:
- Industry-leading R&D team develops and supports new technologies
- US FDA Device and Drug Master Files
- Accredited Third Parties (USA) and Notified Bodies (EU) coordination
- ISO 10993 and USP Class VI polymer certifications
- 20 worldwide locations
- ISO 9001 and AS9100 certified coating centers
- Hidron et al. Antimicrobial-Resistant Pathogens Associated with Healthcare Associates Infections: Annual Summary of Data Reported to the National Healthcare Safety Network at the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, 2006-2007. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology. November 2008. Vol. 29, No 11.
- Safe Care Campaign. Infection facts you need to know. http://www.safecarecampaign.org/Facts.html (accessed June 10, 2013).
microRESIST® is a registered trademark of Specialty Coating Systems, Inc.