SCS Transportation Coatings: Providing performance and protection that is miles ahead.
Protecting electronics and components in cars and trucks is critical for performance and reliability. SCS coatings meet the demand with consistent barrier protection for a range of transportation applications.
Our coating products are used in many applications including those requiring exceptional thermal stability. With solutions that include SCS Parylene HT®, components are protected to temperatures up to 450ºC with increased UV stability over traditional Parylene variants.
Transportation coating applications include:
- Electronics & Sensors
- Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems
- Fuel Cell Technology
- Emissions Sensors
- Gaskets and seals
SCS Parylene benefits include:
- Ultra-thin and conformal
- Excellent moisture, chemical and solvent barrier
- Excellent dielectric properties
- Superior thermal stability
- Excellent UV stability
- Excellent crevice and multi-layer penetration
- Ultra-thin coatings add minimal mass to delicate components
SCS provides key resources and capabilities:
- Worldwide support capabilities for manufacturers and suppliers
- AS9100 and ISO 9001 certified coating centers
- Production Parts Approval Process (PPAP)
- UL (QMJU2) recognized
- RoHS, REACH compliant
- 20 worldwide locations
- Meets the requirements of IPC-CC-830
If you would like more information about SCS coating services for the transportation industry, contact us
online or at +1.317.451.8549.
Component repair flexibility
If you ever need to repair a board coated with SCS Parylene, the coating can be removed in several ways, including abrasion, incision and removal, excimer laser removal, heat softening, micro abrasion and plasma etching. Many times, areas where Parylene has been removed can be recoated to its original specifications.
SCS Transportation Coatings
Parylene conformal coatings provide protection that today’s competitive automotive market demands, enabling smaller, more reliable, longer-lasting electronic packages and components.