Corrosion Resistant Coatings
SCS Parylene Coatings: Unmatched Corrosion Resistance for Harsh Environment Protection.
As technologies continue to advance, electronic components and systems are being used in more applications that are commonly exposed to harsh conditions. Electronics (i.e. circuit boards, sensors, LEDs, ferrite cores, and others) must be able to withstand harsh environments, including exposure to salt and fresh water, chemicals, gasses and/or other corrosive fluids. These electronic components need unmatched coating technology that offers corrosion and water damage protection.
SCS Parylenes provide exceptional corrosion protection from moisture, salt spray, corrosive vapors, and other hostile environments, due to its low water vapor transmission properties. Parylene coatings also provide excellent thermal and UV stability, properties which further enhance the corrosion resistance protection offered by the coating.
Electronics coating applications include:
- Printed circuit boards and assemblies
- MEMS and wafers
- Metal components
The benefits of SCS Parylenes include:
- Inert barrier protects against moisture, chemicals, salts, solvents
- Exceptional UV stability
- Unmatched thermal stability – up to 350°C long-term to 450°C short-term
- Optical clarity and uniform, ultra-thin nature ensures that signal transmission is never lost or distorted
- Strong adhesion technology ensures the protective properties of Parylene are always intact.
SCS Resources and Capabilities
- AS9100 and ISO 9001 certifications
- Listed on the QPL for MIL-I-46058
- UL (QMJU2) recognized
- RoHS, REACH compliant
- Meets the requirements of IPC-CC-830
If you would like more information about SCS electronics coating services, contact us
online or at +1.317.451.8549.
SCS’ leadership in providing world-class Parylene coating services for the electronics industry is more than just a point of difference. The company’s resources, experience and expertise enable design engineers to design with confidence, knowing that SCS’ Parylene conformal coatings will provide the ultimate corrosion and water protection for electronics coating applications. SCS Parylene is the leading corrosion resistant coating technology.