Parylene Coatings for Elastomers
SCS Parylene Coatings: Providing elastomeric components with outstanding performance benefits.
Seals, O-rings, gaskets, stoppers and plungers are just a few of the elastomeric components that benefit from the protection SCS Parylene coatings offer. And, with a coefficient of friction that nears that of PTFE, Parylene coatings tie-down particulates and provide dry-film lubricity to a range of applications.
From electronics and medical to transportation, aerospace and defense applications, engineers use SCS Parylene conformal coatings to provide a barrier against the leaching of elastomeric by-products. Our conformal coatings also protect surfaces from organic solvents and inorganic reagents, acids and solutions.
Parylene coating applications include:
- Gaskets and O-rings
- Stoppers and plunger tips
SCS Parylene benefits include:
- Ultra-thin and conformal
- Biocompatible and biostable
- Dry-film lubricity
- Reduces surface tack and stickiness
- Protection from oils, dirt and contamination
- Prevents flaking or dusting of the elastomeric surface
- Excellent moisture and chemical barrier
- Excellent dielectric properties
SCS provides key resources and capabilities:
- US FDA Device and Drug Master Files
- USP Class VI polymer certification
- Listed on the QPL for MIL-I-46058
- Meets the requirements of IPC-CC-830
- AS9100 and ISO 9001 coating centers
- 20 worldwide coating locations
- Collaborations with global research and university facilities
If you would like more information about SCS Parylene coating services, contact us online or at +1.317.451.8549.
Parylene Coatings for Elastomeric Components
Seals, O-rings, gaskets, stoppers and plungers are just a few of the elastomeric components that benefit from the properties that Parylene coatings offer.