SCS Parylene Coatings: Providing critical aerospace and defense missions with reliable protection.
From ocean depths to space exploration and everywhere in between, SCS Parylene conformal coatings have provided aerospace and defense applications with the mission-critical protection they demand. Specified for 50 years, Parylene coatings continue the mission of reliability.
SCS Parylene coatings protect electronics and components from moisture, fumes and dust. Even chemical and biological agents, and subsequent decontamination processes, are no match for the ultra-thin polymer coating.
Aerospace and Defense coating applications include:
- Circuit card assemblies
- Motor components
- Power supplies
- Elastomeric components
SCS Parylene benefits include:
- Ultra-thin and conformal
- Excellent moisture and chemical barrier
- Excellent dielectric properties
- Superior thermal stability
- Excellent UV stability
- Excellent crevice and multi-layer penetration
- Ultra-thin film adds minimal mass to delicate components
SCS provides key resources and capabilities:
- AS9100 and ISO 9001 certified coating centers
- Listed on the QPL for MIL-I-46058
- International Aerospace Database (OASIS) listing
- Meets the requirements of IPC-CC-830
- UL (QMJU2) recognized
- RoHS, REACH compliant
- ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) registered
- 20 worldwide locations
- Collaborations with global research and university facilities
If you would like more information about SCS Parylene coating services for aerospace and defense applications, contact us online or at +1.317.244.1200.
Component repair flexibility
If you ever need to repair a board coated with SCS Parylene, the coating can be removed in several ways, including abrasion, incision and removal, excimer laser removal, heat softening, micro abrasion and plasma etching. Many times, areas where Parylene has been removed can be recoated to its original specifications.
SCS Aerospace & Defense Coatings
A global network of coating centers ready for your application.
Specialty Coating Systems offers customers regionally-located coating facilities to handle their engineering and production requirements. To discuss the benefits and properties of Parylene conformal coatings and your protection needs with an applications specialist, contact us online or call +1.317.244.1200.