Military and Aerospace Coatings
SCS Parylene Coatings:
Providing critical military and aerospace missions with reliable protection.
From ocean depths to space exploration and everywhere in between, SCS Parylene conformal coatings have provided military and aerospace applications with the mission-critical protection they demand. Specified for over 40 years, Parylene coatings continue the mission of reliability.
SCS Parylene coatings protect electronics and components from moisture, fumes and dust. Even chemical and biological agents, and subsequent decontamination processes, are no match for the ultra-thin polymer coating.
Military and Aerospace coating applications include:
- Circuit card assemblies
- Motor components
- Power supplies
- Elastomeric components
SCS Parylene benefits include:
- Ultra-thin and conformal
- Excellent moisture and chemical barrier
- Excellent dielectric properties
- Superior thermal stability
- Excellent UV stability
- Excellent crevice and multi-layer penetration
- Ultra-thin film adds minimal mass to delicate components
SCS provides key resources and capabilities:
- AS9100C and ISO 9001:2008 certified coating centers
- Listed on the QPL for MIL-I-46058
- International Aerospace Database (OASIS) listing
- Meets the requirements of IPC-CC-830
- UL (QMJU2) recognized
- RoHS, REACH compliant
- ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) registered
- 11 worldwide coating locations
- Collaborations with global research and university facilities
If you would like more information about SCS Parylene coating services for military and aerospace applications, contact us online or at +1.317.451.8549.
Component repair flexibility
If you ever need to repair a board coated with SCS Parylene, the coating can be removed in several ways, including abrasion, incision and removal, excimer laser removal, heat softening, micro abrasion and plasma etching. Many times, areas where Parylene has been removed can be recoated to its original specifications.
SCS Military Coatings
From electronic devices within military aircraft, missile and ground systems to components that must operate in the depths of space, SCS Parylene conformal coatings provide reliable protection to ensure long, trouble-free life
A global network of coating centers ready for your application.
Specialty Coating Systems has 11 worldwide locations to handle your engineering and production requirements. To discuss your ferrite core and magnet coating needs with an applications specialist, contact us online or call +1.317.451.8549.