Parylene Coatings for Elastomers
SCS Parylene Coatings:
Providing elastomeric components with outstanding performance benefits.
Seals, O-rings, gaskets, stoppers and plungers are just a few of the elastomeric components that benefit from the protection SCS Parylene coatings offer. And, with a coefficient of friction that nears that of PTFE, Parylene coatings tie-down particulates and provide dry-film lubricity to a range of applications.
From electronics and medical to automotive, aerospace and military, engineers use SCS Parylene conformal coatings to provide a barrier against the leaching of elastomeric by-products. Our conformal coatings also protect surfaces from organic solvents and inorganic reagents, acids and solutions.
Parylene coating applications include:
- Gaskets and O-rings
- Stoppers and plunger tips
SCS Parylene benefits include:
- Ultra-thin and conformal
- Biocompatible and biostable
- Dry-film lubricity
- Reduces surface tack and stickiness
- Protection from oils, dirt and contamination
- Prevents flaking or dusting of the elastomeric surface
- Excellent moisture and chemical barrier
- Excellent dielectric properties
SCS provides key resources and capabilities:
- US FDA Device and Drug Master Files
- USP Class VI polymer certification
- Listed on the QPL for MIL-I-46058
- Meets the requirements of IPC-CC-830
- AS9100 C and ISO 9001:2008 coating centers
- 11 worldwide coating locations
- Collaborations with global research and university facilities
If you would like more information about SCS Parylene coating services, contact us online or at +1.317.451.8549.
A global network of coating centers ready for your application.
Specialty Coating Systems has 11 worldwide locations to handle your engineering and production requirements. To discuss your ferrite core and magnet coating needs with an applications specialist, contact us online or call +1.317.451.8549.